Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

INFORMATION RE PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lucy

Lucy Report 17 Sep 2004 14:14

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO FIND INFO ABOUT CHILDREN SENT TO PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND ABOUT 1877. I THINK MY G.MOTHER MAY HAVE BEEN ONE OF THOSE CHILDREN AS THE ONLY RECORD I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TRACE WAS ON THE 1881 CANADIAN CENSUS SHOWING HER,TERESA LOGAN AGE 4 AND A PRI NC LOGAN AGE 1 BOTH BORN SCOTLAND BUT LIVING WITH THE FAMILY OF DANEARL MURPHY WHO WERE ALL OF IRISH DESCENT. ANY INFORMATION WILL BE APPRECIATED LUCY

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 17 Sep 2004 14:20

Just did a quick google... I think this site looks promising http://www.*kindredtrails.*com/CANADA_PEI.*html But if you put "PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND" (including the inverted commas so that it's searched for as a phrase, not individual words) into (e.g.) Google and add some other useful words such as: children, history, 1877 - you'll see what's on offer. Christine

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 17 Sep 2004 14:35

I've just had another look at the site. It looks very much as if it could provide a means of you finding out more. It is also absolutely shocking. That adults can abuse the trust of vulnerable children in the name of (a highly reputable) charity is beyond my understanding. We know it happens - it's just SO hard to understand. good luck with your search Christine

Barbara

Barbara Report 17 Sep 2004 14:43

Hi Lucy, I live on PEI and will have a look around for you. There are some excellent sites, let me see what I can find. Barbara I'm back with a couple of sites worth looking at: www(.)homechildren.ca You can email these folks for help and www(.)islandregister(.)com may be helpful to you. Barbara

Barbara

Barbara Report 17 Sep 2004 15:19

Hi again Lucy, The 1881 census says that the birth place of Theresa and her brother was Prince Edward Island - though they were Presbyterian and the Murphy family was RC. I had a look on the 1901. Daniel Murphy is widowed by then, but living in the previous household on the page are a family by name of Logan, no Theresa or her brother, but interesting none the less. The 1901 census is at http://automatedgenealogy(.)com if you want to look for yourself. Barbara