Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

this will give u a laugh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chloe

Chloe Report 16 Sep 2004 09:08

when registering the birth in 1855 of my great grandmother,my great great grandfather put his own mother's details down in column 5 as the baby's mother,its taken ages before i realised,bless him NOT.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 16 Sep 2004 09:44

When my GG Grandmother registered one of her children they must have asked her 'fathers occupation?' and she gave HER fathers occupation. Don't you just love em! Sheila

BrianW

BrianW Report 16 Sep 2004 10:32

I'd just be happy if the rotten swine had bothered to register their brats in the first place!

Karen

Karen Report 16 Sep 2004 11:29

I'm laughing! Wouldn't it be nice if they all could remember their ages for the census's! Would make life so much easier for us all!

Carole

Carole Report 16 Sep 2004 11:51

Me too Brian. Mind you if you think we've got problems, what will they be doing in 100 years time, when they are looking for our marriages that don't exist, and none of us live where we were born. They won't be able to look through old photo albums either because the pics will all be stored on our PCs. They won't even be able to kick us in our graves for causing them so many problems, because we'll have been cremated...

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Sep 2004 12:58

Aw bless him!! Would also be nice if they kept the same place of birth from census to census. Mandy :)

Maggie

Maggie Report 16 Sep 2004 13:33

I just wish they recorded everyting. My GG Grandparents marriage Cert arrived today - great excitement. In columns for Father's names both show 'Dead' and occupation left blank. Now where do I go!!! Maggie