Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Le Sauteur on 1901 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 14 Sep 2004 14:26

I'm trying to find a Le Sauteur family on the 1901 census.Dad is Charles Viebert Le Sauteur,Mum is Mary Ann, son is Charles Samuel Le Cornu Le Sauteur born 1900 in Cardiff.I can only find 7 Le Sauteurs on the census,none of them mine.Obviously the enumerator has written it down as something else.Any ideas what it could be down as ? Thanks, Wendy

Karen

Karen Report 14 Sep 2004 14:36

Wendy, I have found 20 Le Sauteur's by just putting the name in (no space) all appear to be in Jersey. I also tried with the space in and found another two. There is an Mary but no sign of any charles's.

Bob

Bob Report 14 Sep 2004 14:45

Bit too old for your Charles, but maybe a relative ? Name Age Where Born Administrative County Civil Parish Occupation Charles Le Santeur 5 Glam Cardiff Glamorganshire Canton looks like a transcription error sauteur ==> santeur !

Bob

Bob Report 14 Sep 2004 14:55

I also found on Ancestry: Name Year Quarter District County Volume Page Le Santeur, Charles 1892 June Cardiff (1837-1974) Glamorgan Monmouthshire 11a 407 (Marriage) Le Santeur, Silver Ronald 1906 September Cardiff (1837-1974) Glamorgan Monmouthshire 11a 451 (birth) do they help any ? Also found this group (family ?) using the 1901 census decoder Forename(s) Lastname Age PRO Age Year Born Where Born Census Place Census County Occupation Evaline LE SANTEUR, 3 3 1898 Glam Cardiff Canton Glamorganshire Charles LE SANTEUR, 5 5 1896 Glam Cardiff Canton Glamorganshire Thomas LE SANTEUR, 0,916 11M 1900 Glam Cardiff Canton Glamorganshire Mary LE SANTEUR, 28 28 1873 Glam Cardiff Canton Glamorganshire