Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help 'John Henry Bates'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 13 Sep 2004 17:54

I am having trouble moving the tree backwards. I am Looking for the Parents of John Henry Bates. I have tried looking for his birth certificate reference with no joy the only place I can fin him in on the census. John Henry married Florence powell, on 24.6.1879 Joh Henry was born in 1850 in Boston Lincolnshire, he has a sister Rosa Bates born 1857 ish. I think that his father is Henry but that is from old family writings. Can anyone help me take the next step further, or advise where i can find the birth certificate. I am fairly new to this. Do i need to go to the local records office? Or can i get details by email or post. Thanks Angie

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Sep 2004 18:07

Angela I've had a look on 1837online for you and here is the birth reference Birth - John Henry Bates, 3rd Qtr, 1850, Boston, XIV, page 263 Hope this helps. Kath

Carol

Carol Report 13 Sep 2004 18:10

I thinl this might me him Bates John Henry Sep 1850 Boston xiv 263 This is the GRO reference, but you could try getting the certificate from the local register office. It costs 7 pound plus a stamped addressed envelope. The office for Boston is Location Lincolnshire Address Certificate Applications Lincolnshire Registration Service PO BoX 760 Lincoln LN2 5WG Tel +44 (0)845 3 301 400 Fax: +44 (0)1522 568254

Carole

Carole Report 14 Sep 2004 12:48

As you now have the GRO index, you can order the certificate online at http://www.gro.gov(.)uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp (remove the brackets) for £7

Angela

Angela Report 14 Sep 2004 13:43

Thank you so much for your help and information. Regards Angie