Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Organised Chaos?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 13 Sep 2004 17:09

Is anyone else up to their eyes in bits of paper showing GRO references, census transcripts, family groups etc. I have a folder full going back years.

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 13 Sep 2004 17:11

Carol, Oh yes!!! Must organize it one day!!! Pat

Carol

Carol Report 13 Sep 2004 17:13

Glad that I am not the only one.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 13 Sep 2004 17:54

YES ME!!! I have some beautifully organised files, and 2 huge stacks of paper!!!! One to be 'input' on Family Tree Maker and one to be filed. Never seem to get the 2 things to meet! Maz. XX

Carol

Carol Report 13 Sep 2004 18:14

At least I have all the certificates in one place. Just need to sort them all out now.

Chris

Chris Report 14 Sep 2004 00:44

I've got six big files - 3 for my side and 3 for my husband's side of the family. Don't quite know how that worked out - obviously haven't got much on one branch of each side of the family and I've got paper everywhere. Guess what I'll be leaving our kids to sort or turf out. lol