Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trial.gale.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcie

Marcie Report 13 Sep 2004 16:11

hi i,ve been trying to access http://trail.gale.com/pubacd. and it keeps coming up unknown, can anyone tell me if this site is no longer available marcie x

Grant

Grant Report 13 Sep 2004 16:56

if its on your favs list-sometimes it does not like this--try re-doing the whole process-it sometimes reconnects again

Carol

Carol Report 13 Sep 2004 17:12

I thought someone said that free trials were not available to the general public, or was that a different site.

Marcie

Marcie Report 13 Sep 2004 17:28

hi maz thanks for that, i have used it before but been away for a while on hols, will keep trying, but if you could look for charles rowbottom wife mary ann on the 1871 for london area that would be great marcie x

Karen

Karen Report 13 Sep 2004 18:33

Marcie There's a message about the Gale site on the records board posted by George entitled 'warning about Gale site' which indicates that its not meant to be used for public use and that individuals who use it could be considered hackers. You might want to read it as its made me think twice about accessing it again. Karen

Marcie

Marcie Report 14 Sep 2004 08:09

hi pat thanks for looking,i have him on the 1881, but just wondered where he was 1871 many thanks marcie