Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP.... checking details

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 13 Sep 2004 14:54

Hi If there isn't a census 1941 because of the war how can you find out who lived at a certain address. I was given a street name in Rugby and a surname how can I check whether the details given are accurate. Any ideas how to do this?

Carol

Carol Report 13 Sep 2004 15:08

The 1940 census if there was one would not be available until 2042 anyway. You could try finding a street directory for that year or years either side of it. I have looked on Stepping Stones and they dont have one.

Sarah

Sarah Report 13 Sep 2004 15:17

Claire, I faced the same problem. To check an address, if it is 1941 you are looking for, you need to check the electoral roll in that area normally held at the library on microfilm. I had to travel over 200 miles to access the electoral roll I needed though! If you do not live in the area, you could perhaps ask if anyone on GR who lives in Rugby can do this for you. I now have a contact that helps me which is incredibly useful as you can imagine. Hope this helps.