Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A complete Brick Wall !!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 13 Sep 2004 10:59

Hi Guys........ After having relative success with the Palmers and Worthingtons (excuse the pun) I have come up against a complete brick wall with my paternal Grandmother's parents...... Can anyone please have a scout round for me please........ My Great Grandfather was John Edward Derbyshire (definately spelt with an "e" in Derbyshire) and Ada Bell...... Edward Derbyshire died on 27th August 1939 and Ada Bell died in May 1954....... They had 7 children Elsie, Tom, Emily, Jack, Gladys, Arthur and Harry...... My Grandmother Emily Derbyshire was the 3rd child and was born on 5th April 1907 in Runcorn, Cheshire G xxx

Edna

Edna Report 13 Sep 2004 11:24

Have you tried site 1837.com? Its good Doesnt cost a lot either

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 13 Sep 2004 11:30

I haven't - do I just type in 1837 in the search bar?

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 13 Sep 2004 12:15

One FreeBMD there's this birth in the Runcorn district: Births Dec 1874 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Derbyshire Edward Runcorn 8a 223

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 13 Sep 2004 12:33

You're an Angel Christine !!!! His name WAS John Edward - I just found that out also - Thank you sooooo much G xxx