Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could someone do me a look up please??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 10 Sep 2004 23:06

I'm trying to find a William & Agnes Mark. I know that on the 1851 cencus they are in Jail in Carlisle!! Details are: William Mark 36 Prisoner Publican Born Newton Cumberland Agnes Mark 33 Publicans Wife Born Scotland. Don't ask me what they did, maybe smuggled a few bottles of spirits!! They had a son John Mark in 1842 who was obviously taken from them and I cannot trace him with the records I have access to. I know that he married Margaret and settled in Brampton Cumberland and had around 10 children, but where was he from 1851 to 1871?? If anyone can get me any info on William, Agnes & John I would be extremely grateful..

Louise

Louise Report 11 Sep 2004 00:34

hi do you no how old john mark was when he married ? could he have been about 57?

Beverly

Beverly Report 11 Sep 2004 09:32

hi I dont know whether youve got this info on 1881 census address curries lane Brampton Cumberland John Mark head 39 sawyer (wood) Margaret wife 39 Robert son 18 mason Joseph son 16 ironmongers ass Bessie Dau 11 scholar William son 9 scholar Meggie Dau 7 scholar john son 3

Karen

Karen Report 11 Sep 2004 12:19

Hi Louise First son Robert was baptised in February 1863 so John probably got married 1861/1862. I know that his wife Margaret was born in Southport Lancs according to 1881 & 1901 census. Thanks Karen

Karen

Karen Report 11 Sep 2004 12:22

Hi Beverly Thanks for the info, I have info for John's family for 1881 & 1901 census. I cant find William or Agnes on there so I suspect they may be deceased. Any ideas where I can find out where they were between 1851 - 1881?? Regards Karen

Beverly

Beverly Report 13 Sep 2004 01:41

hi Karen im afraid i cant be of much help ive looked on the 1871 census and cant find them on there. Beverly

Jan

Jan Report 13 Sep 2004 07:36

have you looked on freebmd? There are several deaths for William Mark, Carlisle. Also this for Agnes: Mark Agnes 70 Carlisle 10b 317

Karen

Karen Report 13 Sep 2004 10:06

Thanks to everyone for thier help, I shall investigate further...