Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where is the Somerset Records Office Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 10 Sep 2004 22:20

I have looked on GENUKI but have probably looked straight through it. Can anyone help please.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2004 22:31

Hi Carol, Somerset Archive and Records Service Obridge Road Taunton Somerset TA2 7PU Tel: 01823 278805 www(.)somerset(.)gov(.)uk/archives

Carol

Carol Report 10 Sep 2004 23:30

Thank you for that Mandy, I found it on Genuki eventually, but only a phone number. Now I have the address I can get my A - Z out. Thanks again

Carla-Marie

Carla-Marie Report 15 Sep 2004 23:42

I thought it was Somerset House where they used to deal with births, deaths and marriages records on London! But apparently, I assume you are talking about something else! Someone recently asked me if I go to Somerset House, but I had to explain that it was moved to Katharine's Dock in Chancery Lane but now at Myddleton Street, Finsbury, near Angel Tube Station. I hope this is helpful for those who didn't know about it! Caz