Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CANT FIND A MARRIAGE!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 10 Sep 2004 18:29

Has anybody got any ideas please? I am trying to find the marriage between Abraham Webb and Elizabeth Simmonds. The details that I know are: The marriage must have been after March 1881 because Abraham was shown as a son in his fathers house (no wife) in the 1881 census. In 1881 the family were living in Smethwick and Abraham lived there until he died in 1933. Abraham & Elizabeth had Amy 1884, Alexander 1886 and George 1888. I have been unable to trace birth certs for Amy & Alexander but George's shows father Abraham, mother Elizabeth. Nothing on 1837online or FreeBMD. HELP?? Thanks very much Sophie

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 Sep 2004 18:46

Do you know where Elizabeth was in 1881? Although probable, I don't think you can assume they were not married just because he is shown as son (unmarried?) Elizabeth could be at her parents house for example or elsewhere .

Debbie

Debbie Report 10 Sep 2004 18:55

I didnt check that! Will look at 1881 census now...... Thanks