Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Service Pk 2 how to overcome problem of viewing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christina

Christina Report 10 Sep 2004 11:33

For those with problems getting empty pages after downloading and installing Service Pack 2. What you do is go to Control Panel, click on internet options, click on advanced tab, scroll down till you come to Security the tick the box beside "allow active content to run in files on my computer". You will now be able to view all your files. Regards Christina

Pat

Pat Report 10 Sep 2004 11:53

Christina, Have you got windows XP, because I have looked through all of the internet options on my computer & there is nothing written on mine like you described? This morning I have lost this site 3 times already the page just freezes up. Pat x

Christina

Christina Report 10 Sep 2004 12:57

Pat I have emailed you. Yes I have XP Regards Christina

Lynne

Lynne Report 10 Sep 2004 13:22

Christina I can't find it either, can you post it here please as I am at work. Lyn

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 10 Sep 2004 13:23

Hi Pat and Christina I also have Window XP .... have followed the instructions. Lyn..Its the second square under Security. Her's hoping! Thanks ...Babz

Kim

Kim Report 10 Sep 2004 19:16

Many thanks Christina now can see my missing bits!! Kim

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 10 Sep 2004 21:25

Christina, I have XP Professional, and do not have that in 'advanced' should I be looking at something else? Thanks Kim

Christina

Christina Report 11 Sep 2004 11:27

For those that can't find it scroll down to the padlock in the advanced section it it the second box down that you tick. remember to hit the APPLY button after. As far as I know XP pro has the same set up in this part. Regards Christina