Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does any one know - Death Registers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sam

Sam Report 9 Sep 2004 22:59

Hi Hope someone can help me. I am searching for a death 1901-1905. There are an awful lot of deaths on the indexes with 0 in the age part. Does this mean that alot of infants died at birth or that the age when they died wasn't registered? So far i have not been looking at ones with 0 but perhaps I need to? Thanks Sam

Sam

Sam Report 9 Sep 2004 23:14

Thanks very much, I don't need to look at them then! Sam

Sam

Sam Report 9 Sep 2004 23:33

I'm looking for Edward Roberts. He is on the 1901 census, aged 40 living in Wolstanton, Staffordshire. His son Richards marriage certificate in Sep 1905 gives fathers details as Edward Roberts Deceased so I assume he dies somewhere between the two dates. However, I have searched every year and can find no-one of the correct age. That's why I wondered if the ones with 0 were possibly relevant. Sam

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Sep 2004 23:41

Sam see my posting on your thread about this on the Records messageboard. nell