Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

O.K I give in(maybe?!)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 9 Sep 2004 22:24

Story so far : Looking for Ernest whose name turned out to be WILLIAM HENRY WATTS. Died aged 62 in 1952.I have his marriage certificate which makes him 24 in 1914. Married to Annie Edith Robson. I thought I had found him on the 1901 census, everything fitted, area Newington /walworth , London. I was convinced that he was the son of alfred watts WRONG! His marriage certificate says his dads name was also William. I need help!!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Sep 2004 22:39

Can you use the 1901 info. to find the family in 1891? Have you seen an original copy of the register of marriage?. My latest one bought tells me that Janet Matthews father was Janet Matthews. Thankfully it was the groom's family that I was tracking or I would not have been pleased by that copying.

Karen

Karen Report 10 Sep 2004 13:04

Lynne Don't know if this is of any use to you ... Had a look on the free ancestry trial and did a 1901 census search on William Watts age 11 at time of census. One entry came back in the Newington area you mention: William (63) Head, born Theale, Berkshire Jane (64) Wife, born Reading, Berkshire Thomas (18) Grandson, born Walworth London William (11) Grandson, born Walworth London Unfortunately the listing doesn't indicate where the parents of Thomas and William were or what their names were. Karen