Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

email addresses

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 9 Sep 2004 16:22

I have discovered that another member of my family in Australia has also been reserching our family tree. My Dad used to have his email address but has now lost it. I know it's a long shot but does any one know if there is a way of finding people's emails, you know like we have a telephone directory? G xxx

Sue

Sue Report 9 Sep 2004 18:30

Hi G I don't know of a directory of e-mail addresses I'm afraid. Have you thought of posting on a genealogy message board in Oz - say Rootsweb or Genforum? You never know your rellie may see it :o) Good luck Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Sep 2004 18:45

Hi Gaynor I reckon it might be possible, because I can remember browsing on the net a few years ago (searching for someone) and email addresses came up. I know that doesn't sound too helpful because I haven't got any details, but it might give you a bit of hope! I've also asked hubby and he says that it should be possible to find 'web-based' addresses, ie h o t m a i l etc. Hope you're feeling ok. Mandy :)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 10 Sep 2004 09:35

Thanks Guys I'll give it a go..... G xxx

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 10 Sep 2004 09:48

Hi guys..... just tried rootsweb - there were plenty of names but I would have to pay around £25 to take a look and most of them were USA so gave it a miss...... genoforum was in German! ..... unles I got the wrong site (which isn't difficult for me) Thanks anyway :-))) G xxx

Crista

Crista Report 10 Sep 2004 09:57

Gee, Try here: http://mesa.rrzn.uni-hannover.de/ Crista

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 10 Sep 2004 10:18

Hi Guys...... I am so excited - of all the places!!! and right under my nose! - I think I have found him on Friends Reunited .... in fact I'm almost sure of it so I have sent a message - fingers crossed :-))) G xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2004 16:44

oh wow G! How exciting! Keep us posted won't you? Mandy :))