Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anyone know Manchester (M14) well?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 9 Sep 2004 10:40

I desperately need to check out an addresss taken from a death cert which could be really significant in my family search. Very sadly, I can not read the handwriting on the certificate!! It is ***styn Avenue, Manchester 14. I've tried checking some internet sources but no luck so far. I would be really grateful for any help. Thanks, Sarah

Melissa

Melissa Report 9 Sep 2004 11:20

I know the handwriting is bad but can you give some possibilties as to the letters. Looked at map of M14 but nothing so far that ends in 'styn. Mel.

John

John Report 9 Sep 2004 11:24

I looked at M14 on multimap.*com. When was the death certificate made? Could the road have disappeared now?

Sarah

Sarah Report 9 Sep 2004 11:32

Thanks for the replies. The death cert is 1974 - so I am assuming it is still there. Looking at the address, it could be Wostyn, Mostyn, Mastyn and definitely ends 'tyn', possibly 'styn'. It is so annoying!!! Thanks for your help. Sarah

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Sep 2004 11:35

There is a Mostyn Ave, off Lyndley Wood Rd, in Manchester 14 Fallowfield/ Ladybarn area

Tracey

Tracey Report 9 Sep 2004 11:42

sarah, i live in manchester. i am at work at the mo, but when i get home will check out a local street map i have for each area(hubbies a mobile valeter so knows the area well tracey x

Sarah

Sarah Report 9 Sep 2004 11:42

Janis, you're a star! Ithink it could be the one - I will now do some more investigation! Thanks to everyone for the help. Sarah

Margaret

Margaret Report 9 Sep 2004 15:58

I think it's most likely to be MOSTYN Ave. Used to work in that area in the 1970s