Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help me Please!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melvyn

Melvyn Report 8 Sep 2004 16:55

Right let me tell you my problem I am looking for my gr x4 Grandfather Jeremiah Tattersall born abt 1829 I have him on the 1871 Lancashire census with what i belive to his wife sarah but it is spelt "Searh" and sons Nicholas and John but all of the ages are wrong they were liing in Henheads in Lancashire i have checked the 1861 Census for lancashire but the are not there they married in Accrington in 1855 so I checked the the address on the 1851 and 1861 Lancashire census but again no luck. So I am asking all you clever people out there what can i do next to find out more info on the family. I do know that Jeremiah died before 1881 as Sarah is down as a widow. Hope some one can help me

Carole

Carole Report 8 Sep 2004 19:24

Hi Melvyn, Have you viewed the actual image or just the transcription for 1871? The translations of names have to be seen to be believed! Try some wildcard searches on the other Censuses, you might be lucky... Carole

Karen

Karen Report 8 Sep 2004 20:30

Hi Melvyn What dates were the sons born? If they are after 1837 you can apply for the birth certificates which may have a different address given, so you can search the censuses around their birth date. that's the only advice I can offer. good luck! Karen