Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree Owner on Gedcom twice

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jan

Jan Report 7 Sep 2004 22:51

Can anybody help me as although I have emailed support 4 times other than 1 acknowledgement my problem still hasn't been solved. I deleted my gedcom file 3 weeks ago so I could load my updated one from Family Historian a move I have done several times before with no trouble. However this time it won't load my new gedcom and I get the message 'You can only load a gedcom into a empty tree where you are the only relation'. I viewed my tree and my name as owner of the tree is on there twice and although I have tried various ways of deleting it, it won't let me. I have also noticed when anybody contacts me I get 2 emails, this seemed to start about the middle of August. Has anybody else had problems and is there a solution. Jan

Sprack

Sprack Report 7 Sep 2004 23:44

hi janet there was someone a couple of weeks ago with the same problem as you but I dont think he solved the problem, try searching for the thread by typing a key word in the search box then you could ask him. jenny x

Jan

Jan Report 8 Sep 2004 06:05

Thanks Jenny I have had a look but couldn't find the same problem recently although there was a similar one back in January. I don't know if she solved it though. Jan

K

K Report 8 Sep 2004 07:39

This happened to me a few months ago. What you need to do is contact the Genes team telling them your problem and eventually they will sort it out. You have to be patient though!. It took a couple of days to sort it out for me. Hope that helps Keren

Sprack

Sprack Report 8 Sep 2004 07:52

I have just found it janet, put in the word deleting and the thread was by robert simpson but do as karen said and contact gr. jenny x

Jan

Jan Report 8 Sep 2004 08:57

Thanks Jenny I found the thread. I will keep on emailing Gr until they sort it out but I am finding it very frustrating. Jan