Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richmond Cemetery - a good response

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2004 19:19

As some of you know, I went to Richmond Cemetery a fortnight ago to find my great-grandparents' grave. I was sadly disappointed to find that the part of the cemetery I wanted was overgrown and had a burnt-out sofa in it. It was impossible to find where I was although there was a plan and I knew the grave number. I was also worried about being lost in a place I didn't know. It wasn't a wasted trip as I found the house in Richmond where my great great grandfather lived, the church where various family members worshipped & were married etc. I also went to East Sheen cemetery next door to Richmond, which has the graves of Fulton Mackay (of Porridge fame) and Roy Kinnear. There was a feedback form at the cemetery, which I sent off explaining my disappointment. I got an e-mail by return of post, apologising for the state of the cemetery and assuring me that it was being tidied up and there was no sign of the sofa. this morning I got a letter in the post with the plan of the cemetery , with the actual grave I want marked in red ink so I should have no problems locating it when I next visit! nell

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 7 Sep 2004 21:08

Hi, Which Richmond are you talking about, Yorkshire or London? If it is Yorkshire I would be interested in the address! Frances

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2004 23:23

Sorry, Frances, it's London! For people interested, there's an online search facility for the cemeteries on Richmond on Thames borough website. nell

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 7 Sep 2004 23:48

Yep i can vouch for Richmond cemetery. There was athread a while back giving details of the deaths on line there. I found some of mine and i found one that didn't match in anywhere, so i called the office and they were so helpful. Told me evrything i wanted about this death. I still can't fit it in anywhere but at elast i have all the details. They also advised me that if i ever wanted to visit to call first because they sometimes leave the office that way they can advise me of the best time to visit Shelli