Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wiltshire Information

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 7 Sep 2004 19:05

I am going to be staying in Wiltshire later this month and would like to search the 1841 and 1861 Census - I will be staying near Salisbury and Shaftesbury - can anyone tell me where I can look up this information in that area. Many thanks Susan

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2004 19:09

Susan The Record office for Wiltshire is in Trowbridge. I suggest you contact Salisbury Reference & Local Studies Library www.wiltshire.gov.uk and see what they have. Their address is Market Place, Salisbury. And make time to visit the Cathedral, its beautiful! Have a great time, nell

Susan

Susan Report 7 Sep 2004 20:42

Hi Nell Many thanks for the information - I will certainly contact the Salisbury Reference Library about my census searches. I last visited the Cathedral over forty years ago so I think another visit is well overdue. Susan

Keith

Keith Report 7 Sep 2004 23:08

Hi. An old Army friend is being ordained as a Deacon in Salisbury Cathedral on 2 October so I hope to be there for that. Am also looking up Trowbridge and Salisbury born family on the 1841, 51, and 61. Good hunting to you. Regards. Keith

Susan

Susan Report 9 Sep 2004 21:57

Hi Tina and Keith Many thanks for your help I am searching for records for Hindon, Wiltshire so fingers crossed I will find something. Enjoy the Ordination in Salisbury, Keith, how lovely to be there for your friend I am sure it will be a wonderful occasion. Susan