Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David Springman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kay

Kay Report 7 Sep 2004 13:35

Hey hope some one can helpme - I've been trying to find family members of David Springman who lived in Canada until he died in the early 90's He is my mother and her brother father. All I know is he was a twin. Married a lady called Ivy as his second marrage. He was in the RAF and based in hampshire during world war 2. We think he was born in 1923 but this is an educated guess. I have looked on the the canada411 website with out any luck. How else can i go about trying to find more information? I would appreciate any ones help....

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 7 Sep 2004 15:11

I found a Canadian Records site that may be useful www(.)genealogy(.)allinfoabout(.)com/countries/canada(.) html (remove brackets) It would really help if you knew which province he lived in. You might want to start in Ontario. My uncle was with the King's Royal Rifle Corp. He was born and enlisted in Birmingham, Warwick, and sent to be stationed in Ontario. After he was discharged he continued to live in London, Ontario until his death. I got the impression that this area was largely inhabited by active and retired British military personel. Just a suggestion. Good luck in your search.

Kay

Kay Report 8 Sep 2004 10:05

thank you for your help

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 8 Sep 2004 14:17

Hi Might just be worth a look on the Documents Online (National Archives) website. They do have some WW2 stuff and, even if not relevant to your particular enquiry, it's intriguing! There's also another site I found via UKBMD - can't remember quite the link, but it's something like National Archivist. cheers Christine