Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ancestry site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 6 Sep 2004 13:44

I'm not able to access free bmd due to firewall and ancestry was really useful for looking up births,marriages and deaths. Now when I try I am asked to register ad reading through terms and conditions mention is made of credit cards etc. although it states this is free. Am I reading it wrong ? Mary

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 6 Sep 2004 14:03

Hi I have sometimes found that my link to "search" doesn't go where I was expecting first time around but comes up with the goods eventually if I re-click on my bookmark. On the other hand they may have moved the goalposts since I last looked a couple of days ago. Christine

Mary

Mary Report 6 Sep 2004 14:14

I've tried several times today and did a few days ago - same thing happened. Last week after the same performance I actually got it ! Couldn't believe my luck ! Blessed if I remember whether I did anything different or not. I'll just have to keep trying..............(deep sigh!) Mary

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 6 Sep 2004 21:44

Just wanted you to know there are several people on GC, such as myself, who have annual subscriptions to Ancestry and are willing to do research for anyone that makes a request. I had the same issue with my firewall preventing access to FreeBMD. I would just disable it when I wanted to check FreeBMD and enable when finished.