Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Request for 1851 London look-up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emily

Emily Report 2 Sep 2004 11:27

Could someone kind be able to look up Charles Nottle & his wife Harriett (nee Wareham) in the London 1851 census? They got married in 1854 in St. Lukes Chelsea & gave their addresses as 52 North St. & Sloane Square or Street. It's the only lead I have - would you be able to look them up at both addresses? I had a look on a recent map and the North Street mentioned is probably the one in SW4 as that's not far from Chelsea. Sloane Street is next to Hyde Park and Sloane Square is SW1 in between Brompton and Belgravia. Thanks! Emily

Emily

Emily Report 2 Sep 2004 12:05

Wow that was quick! Thanks Lynda. Could you look up Harriet Wareham in the same location? Obviously they weren't married yet, so she would have been living under maiden name (I just realised I was being a bit dim!). She would have been between 15-19 years old, perhaps working as a servant, born Shaftsbury, Dorset. She was living at Sloane St or Square at the time of her marriage in 1854. Her future husband, Charles Nottle was living at 32 North Street (not 52 as previously mentioned) at the time of their marriage. He would have been approx 19 years old in 1851, born Exeter, Devon. He was working as a painter/decorator. Thanks, Emily

Emily

Emily Report 2 Sep 2004 12:48

Thanks again Lynda. If I can get to the FRC I'll try and look it up myself. I don't want to waste anyone else's time looking through the whole street! Best wishes, Emily