Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anybody will to do cementary look up in North Ridi

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nichola

Nichola Report 1 Sep 2004 20:25

I was wondering whether anybody lived or knows of anybody living near the villages of Brompton by Sawdon and Thornton-le-dale in north yorkshire. I am looking for information relating to the Leaf family. Nicky

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Sep 2004 21:31

Nicky I don't know these places, but if its a village, it probably has a churchyard not a cemetery. to find out who is buried there you'd need to check the burial registers, kept in the local record office. If on the other hand it is a cemetery, then you need to contact the local authority. I was disappointed recently when I visited Richmond Cemetery. Their online records gave me the section and grave no. of my gt grandparents but when I got there it was totally overgrown and neglected, with a burnt out sofa among various upturned gravestones. nell

Sam

Sam Report 1 Sep 2004 21:54

Hi Nicky There is a thread listing loads of people who are willing to look around their local graveyard/cemetery. I'll nudge it up for you. Sam

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 1 Sep 2004 22:48

nichola just nudged graveyards thread up on RECORDS BOARD for you to have a look at to see if anybody lives near the ones you want a person to look at. Sue

Nichola

Nichola Report 2 Sep 2004 17:59

Thanks guys. I'll have a look at the other thread. Nicky