Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

detective software

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 1 Sep 2004 14:03

does any one know if the detective software really works? they all seem to be sold in dollars. some one mentioned the people finder any clues on the best ones to order???? thanks jane

Deep In Thought

Deep In Thought Report 18 Sep 2004 21:28

HI JANE I ASKED THE SAME QUESTION A WHILE BACK AND DIDNT GET REPLY IM STILL NONE THE WISER THERE MUST BE SOMEONE OUT THERE THATS TRIED IT COME ON LETS US KNOW PLEEEEEEEASE.

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 18 Sep 2004 21:36

Perhaps if you tell us what you are talking about, we might offer some comment. Bob

Carol

Carol Report 18 Sep 2004 21:41

I think what Jane means are those software ads that say that you can find out anything about anyone if you buy this cd. Most of them are for American things like Social Security Numbers and things like that. Never tried one myself, so unable to comment, but I have usually glossed over these ads and thought them a load of twaddle.

Deep In Thought

Deep In Thought Report 18 Sep 2004 21:43

ONE OFF THE SITES CALLED SUREFIRE-DETECTIVE.(com)

Seasons

Seasons Report 18 Sep 2004 21:44

Is it some form of searching official data bases in the USA? If so then I don't think its any use finding UK rellies unless they emigrated. I think you can search Ellis Island entry records online for free and if I'm not mistaken also the Social Security death records. Have you looked at the surname navigator http://rat.de/kuijsten/navigator/uk/index.html which searches loads of sites for you depending on which countries sites you've selected.

Carol

Carol Report 18 Sep 2004 21:47

Julie, that one scared the life out my computer. Typed in a surname and it opened about a dozen IE windows.

Jane

Jane Report 19 Sep 2004 12:41

yhanks to everyone who replied to my message detective software, i was just searching through the tips board and saw my message still there, with a few replys, but the site did not tell me that i had any replys, does this happen to anyone else thanks jane.