Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

county name??!!??!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 26 Aug 2004 15:07

Okay im looking through the 1901 census with no information lol except surname... i want to search by place name for newcastle but what would it come under? there is no tyne and wear no newcastle no northumberland etc.... please help

Michelle

Michelle Report 26 Aug 2004 15:21

Hi Emma Are you searching 1901cencus nationalarchives gov uk Just type in newcastle where is says 'where born' and you should get some results. Michelle

Emma

Emma Report 26 Aug 2004 15:29

i was in ancestry but realise i could do the same thing you suggested... and i feel soo stoopid.... long day for me and my searching lol ... maybe thats a sign to take a break.. thanks xx

Michelle

Michelle Report 26 Aug 2004 15:30

I know what you mean Emma I'm having the same kind of day!! Michelle