Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

address,no phone number!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 26 Aug 2004 10:12

Hi i have found an address for my uncle except i would like his phone number.. i dont feel too comfortable just knocking on his door (which is down the road from me ) i have never met him.. can anyone tell me how to access phone numbers?? i have tried thom web, so he may be ex directory

Karen

Karen Report 26 Aug 2004 10:16

Hi Emma If hes ex directory you wont be able to find out his number. How about dropping a note through his door? Good luck Karen

Lynne

Lynne Report 26 Aug 2004 10:23

Hi Emma A letter might be best as his neice turning up on his doorstep might be too much. You have time to prepare for it but he won't! You could say in the letter that you'll pop round at the weekend or something like that. Just to give him time to prepare himself too. Lynne

Emma

Emma Report 26 Aug 2004 10:26

thanks guys , i might leave my number for him to call me if he wants too.. not gonna push this on him . thanks again for the advice :-))

Lynne

Lynne Report 26 Aug 2004 12:54

Emma I recently dicovered my mum's cousin was living close to me. I had never met her and didn't even know she existed. I wrote to her and she phoned me and invited me to her home. So give a try, it's worth it in the long run. Good luck. Lynne

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Aug 2004 13:05

Hi Emma, from my own experience, I would do as someone has already suggested - write a note but give your phone number so that he can get in touch with you. Good luck, Mandy :)