Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What is dropsy?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helena

Helena Report 25 Aug 2004 23:38

I have had a death certificate returned with this as the cause of death. I always thought this was a bit of a joke, too many beers, but it must have been a medical term!?

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 25 Aug 2004 23:46

Greeting's Helena.. . There you go. . . . Dropsy (or Dropsey) Contraction of hydropsy, which means oedema (fluid retention), often due to Heart failure Kidney disease Dropsy Of The Brain Encephalitis MIKE.

Pat

Pat Report 25 Aug 2004 23:48

Helena, Im afraid it isnt a joke, especially if you were the poor unfortunate sufferer. check this out Remove the brackets first please. http://www.paul_smith.doctors.org.uk/ArchaicMedicalTerms(.)htm Pat x

Pat

Pat Report 25 Aug 2004 23:49

Greetings Mike, Oops This happens to me a lot, I take so long to type someone nearly always beats me to it. Pat x

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 25 Aug 2004 23:54

Greeting's Pat. . . . No Problems. . . Well at lest Helena can now put that site on her Favourites. . MIKE.