Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GEDCOM TO GC PROBLEM

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maurice

Maurice Report 24 Aug 2004 00:48

Help. I have deleted my GC tree as requested, in order to put my entire tree, Currently on Family tree v11 onto GC. I cannot seem to manage it. They say press "the upload button once" where is the upload button? I pressed import all I get is "the page you are requesting is unavailable" Can some kind sole give me an idiots guide, I have Windows 2000 Pofessional

Judy

Judy Report 24 Aug 2004 01:59

Maurice.....the upload button is actually the IMPORT button. It seems GR is having some technical diffuculties which is why you're getting the error page....I'm having trouble uploading my own tree at the moment, (Your tree needs to also be formatted into a .ged file from your tree porgram if you haven't already done so. Judy

Maurice

Maurice Report 24 Aug 2004 20:05

Thank you both for trying to help, I still cannot manage to get my GEDCOM file on. I am now getting "Invalid GEDCOM FILE" incorrect header and footer records. This means nothing to me at all. When I press the Browse button and select Nunn Ancestral line.FTW from "My Docs" what should appear in the import box? At the moment it is showing Maurices Documents etc. even though I am highlighting the Ancestral file. Should the term GED show in the file name? If so how can I change it. I have Family Tree V11 Sorry to be such a pest but I am stuck now with no tree on GC! Kind regards Maurice

Maurice

Maurice Report 24 Aug 2004 22:54

Malcs, Thank you, I have sent you one direct. Maurice

Judy

Judy Report 31 Aug 2004 07:37

Maurice....if you haven't got help on this one or figured it out yet, give me shout and I can walk you through, step by step, on how to convert your FTM tree into a .ged. Judy :)