Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree Trouble

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 23 Aug 2004 20:22

Hi. Has anyone had trouble modifying their GR tree since last week's rehash. I wanted to add more people, but kept getting a runtime error when ever I clicked on the name, green cross or magnifying glass. I e-mailed GR - no response yet - and then decided to delete my tree, leaving just me. Tonight I thought I'd have a go at rebuilding - same problem with the green cross. I then clicked on the how to build your tree line - and crash went my computer. Think I'll give up and resign my comission now. Helen

Karen

Karen Report 23 Aug 2004 21:01

I had the same problem earlier today, what you need to do is select 'Immediate Family' on the left hand side of the homepage and then you just click on the name you wish to add a family member to. It was driving me round the bend too!!

Helen

Helen Report 24 Aug 2004 15:50

Hi Karen, thank you very much - I've now begun the task of rebuilding my tree, only another 200 names to put back on! Helen