Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Liverpool Library

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 23 Aug 2004 09:53

I am hoping to make a trip here for the 1st time, has anyone been, what can i look at, what will i need , will i need to book, i could go on but you get the drift, 1st time as all of my research has been internet based up to now, any info appreciated, Carol

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Aug 2004 09:59

Carol I think you need to do this the other way round, ie not I'm going to the library what can I look at? but What do I need to look at and where is it? Do you mean you are going to the Liverpool Record Office & Local History Dept, which is based at the Central Library in Liverpool? The have a website www*.liverpool*.gov*.uk and an e-mail address: recoffice*.central*.library*@*liverpool*.gov*.uk remove * first as well as a phone no. 0151 233 5817. I'd phone and check they have what you want. They will also be able to tell you if you need to book. I expect they would have parish registers on microfilm, censuses, electoral registers, back copies of newspapers, quarter sessions documents etc. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Aug 2004 10:00

Sorry Carol The e-addresses won't appear even though I've typed and used *. You can probably find it by googling Liverpool Record Office. nell

Carol

Carol Report 23 Aug 2004 11:59

Thanks Helen, rang them and booked microfiche for wed, am very excited, mostly want to look at census and church baptism /marriage records, thanks for you help

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Aug 2004 14:20

Carol Glad to help. Please let us know how you get on. I had a very exciting time at the Aylesbury Record Office recently looking at. v faint parish registers and reading up a court case involving a gt gt gt grandfather! Remember lots of paper and pencils, and a magnifying glass might help too! nell