Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where is....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 22 Aug 2004 17:52

Does anybody know where Thornerby is?? I'm presuming it's somewhere in Yorkshire..possibly West Yorkshire but not really sure. I also need to find a place called Burton Salmon. Can anybody help?? Sue xx

Pat

Pat Report 22 Aug 2004 18:08

Sue, Have you tried Genuki? Thats where I always check for places I have never heard of. http://www.genuki.org(.)uk/ remove the brackets I would look for you both I am checking places in Lancashire at the mo......... good Luck Pat

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 22 Aug 2004 18:11

Greeting's Sue. . . Burton Salmon. . . North east of Castleford On the A 162. . . Thornerby. . . Nothing came up spelt that way but a few spelt Thornbury Mike.

Geoff

Geoff Report 22 Aug 2004 18:13

Thornaby is Teesside. Burton Salmon is N Yorks, just above Pontefract.

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 22 Aug 2004 18:56

Thanks all. Burton Salmon is local to me...(must say though Ive never heard of it!!) Thornaby - Teeside. Mmmm I didnt think this family moved around?? Oh well back to the drawing board Sue xx

R.B.

R.B. Report 23 Aug 2004 09:17

Hi Sue, I work in THORNABY and it is a part of STOCKTON-IN-TEES. If you like i will ask one of the girls i work with if she knows of this place- good luck, liz

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 23 Aug 2004 19:59

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for the offer. Could you ask your friend where it is exactly and if there is a Local Church there. I have just found out that a person who I thought was born and bread in Wakefield actually came from Thornaby!! Sue xx

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 23 Aug 2004 20:00

PS Thanks also Edith..Ive got my map book out Sue xx

R.B.

R.B. Report 24 Aug 2004 08:59

Hi Sue, I have e-mailed you - speak soon, LOL, Liz