Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can Smiley Sammy help me as well????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 20 Aug 2004 22:09

I just read Nichola's problem and am having the same difficulties. I am trying to find out who is the mother of Alexander Webb & his date of birth. Think his mother may be either Elizabeth or Caroline. The 1901 census shows Alexander Webb as 15, (born Smethwick) at 24 Bridge Street Square Smethwick. His marriage cert 5/10/1907 gives his age as 21, living at 18 Bridge Street. Father is Abraham Webb. Burial records show that he was buried Feb 1952 aged 65. All these indicate that he was born in either 1886/1887. I thought I would try and find his date of birth, and then either baptism records or get his birth certificate. I have searched the St Cats index twice, in the library and on 1837online. The only ones I could find were - Alexander Alfred Webb b J/A/S 1888 West Bromwich -Alexander Josiah Webb b O/N/D 1885 Merthyr Tydfil - Alexander Thomas Webb O/N/D 1886 Colchester The GRO say that the one born in West Brom has a different father to Abraham. Can't find anything on West Mids BMD or FreeBMD. Have checked all Smethwick parish records from 1884-1889 and found nothing. What else can I try? Thanks, Sophie

William

William Report 20 Aug 2004 22:24

I have the census image for 1891.Email me at williamjonesjonqms at supanet dot com. Regards William Russell Jones cefn Mawr Wrexham.

clebbles

clebbles Report 20 Aug 2004 22:40

Hi I've done a quick look up on the 1891 census on Ancestery.co.uk and found the following: Abraham Webb 30 Head b. West Bromwich Elizabeth Webb 26 Wife b. Birmingham Amy Webb 7 Dau b. Smethwick Alexander Webb 5 Son b. Smethwick This is the Civial Parish of Harbone in the county of Staffordshire. They are living at 9 Bridge Street or Square. Hope this helps. Best Clare in Tunbridge Wells