Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

fatal fire in liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne Marie

Anne Marie Report 17 Aug 2004 00:34

Hi there, I'm trying to find information about a fire that took place in Liverpool in 1901/1902, I have been told that my great grandfather Patrick Burns died in a fire around these dates, does anyone know how I can find any info at all about this event? thanks Anne-Marie

Anne Marie

Anne Marie Report 17 Aug 2004 00:48

Hi Pauline, unfortunately I'm in darkest Hampshire, so I can't get into the central library in Liverpool, I've tried looking in the Liverpool Echo websites, but can't find any info. I don't have any other information, except that he may have been a docker

Anne Marie

Anne Marie Report 17 Aug 2004 10:16

Hi Pauline, thanks for looking up that info, I think that the one I'm after is the one aged 29, have ordered a certificate, just waiting for it to arrive, don't worry about getting to the library I've got family too and I know how it is, I also work full time but am on holiday at the mo, that's why I can spend some time researching. Thanks again for your help, speak to you soon Love Anne Marie

Tracy

Tracy Report 19 Aug 2004 13:50

try liverpool maritime terminals. mersey docks and harbour company,liverpool maritime history, liverpool maritime museums.also there is a local history web site for liverpool that i accessed once using a keyword on aol. i just typed in local history and a whole selection of geographical cities/towns past and present appeared. a good site but cant remember the exact address sorry. there where lots of fires on the docks at the time you are interested in,especially on ships berthed there. did you know that the titanic set sail on fire?!!!! alot of ships and warehouses went up in smoke on a regular basis. hope this helps. tracy in liverpool daughter of a docker !!