Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I undo this?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 16 Aug 2004 23:47

Two brothers were born in Ruabon Denbighshire,Thomas born 1801,and John born 1808,both named Stephens.Later info gave me an Elizabeth Stephens born 1930.In the first instance I thought she was the daughter of Thomas and placed her on my Tree accordingly.I now know that this is not the casee,and she is in fact the daughter of John.Does anyone know how I can correct this error,without wiping half my Tree away. Regards William Russell Jones Cefn Mawr Wrexham.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 17 Aug 2004 00:36

You'll find detailed instructions in the HELP/FAQs section - but just go into your tree, find and select her record - options across the top of the page include EDIT and DELETE - as long as you have not added any others to her ie husband or children, you can delete her straight away. If you have added spouse etc, delete them first and work backwards.

William

William Report 17 Aug 2004 00:48

I have got about twenty names added through Elizabeth,so it looks like I will have to add them all again.Thanks for the reply Ann,by the way. Regards William Russell Jones Cefn Mawr Wrexham

Crista

Crista Report 17 Aug 2004 05:20

William, Do you have more ancestors or descendants? If you have less ancestors just swap the brothers and the wives names. Crista

William

William Report 17 Aug 2004 10:07

Thanks for your reply Crista,yes there are more ancestors,for these names,in fact it is, if you like,one of the pivotal Surnames in my Tree. Regards William Russell Jones Cefn Mawr Wrexham.

William

William Report 17 Aug 2004 16:57

Sorry about that Marion,of course it should read 1830.Thats what comes I suppose,submitting these queries late at night! Regards William Russell Jones Cefn Mawr Wrexham.