Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do you get rid of the black surroundings on an

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 15 Aug 2004 22:38

Please can you tell me how to get rid of the black surroundings on an image? as it uses up so much black ink. Easy step by step instructions please.

Anna

Anna Report 15 Aug 2004 22:46

Hiya Sue, You can do it in photoshop,well this is how i do it Open the image,then click on the image.You should be able to sort of draw round just the image ,then go to the toolbar,click on image then crop and you should be left with just the image.then save it or print it Anna :-)

Steven

Steven Report 15 Aug 2004 23:19

I do the same as Anna and then i draw a box around the remaining black and the go to edit and choose cut which will then replace the black with white. Steve.

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 16 Aug 2004 09:07

There are many programs that will do this. Free ones like infranview will not only crop but many other things like converting images and resizing which also can help with attatchments.Which is a common question. It's a good idea to have something like this on your PC if you don't have anything else. Once you have cropped the black ok, save the image as something new ( ie grandad2) so you dont have to do it again!. Bob

Sidami

Sidami Report 16 Aug 2004 09:39

When I scan photo's I have unlead photo express 3.0.SE and I can crop them when they come on the computer, but still not sure how to crop one when I have one sent to me? Sue

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 16 Aug 2004 10:44

Save the attachment then you can open it in your graphics software and crop it. Geraldine

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Aug 2004 13:49

I have any phots that are sent to me opening in my photo programme. In my case it is photosuite. But, as has been said, if you save it to your photo programme you should then be able to crop it as normal. If you can't maybe you can send it to me, I will crop it and send it back to you. Ann Glos

Sidami

Sidami Report 16 Aug 2004 14:43

Thanks for your replies I will have a go. Sue

Ted

Ted Report 17 Aug 2004 19:42

Sue Im glad you asked that question, I never thought about it till now. Im using ADOBE 3 and I just tried it and it worked. Do you know how to make an image fill the whole page when printing. I alter all the sizes but it doesnt seem to make any difference the print still comes out the same size every time. Ive an 1817 census whjich I just cant read and I want to get a full page print. Must be something Im doing wrong. Thanks TED.