Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

doese anyone use spy wear?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley

Lesley Report 14 Aug 2004 13:12

Hi , my computer just crashed and i went through the usaual reporting process to be asked if I wanted a free spy scan and I couldn't believe that I had 115 pests on my pc. Is it necesary to have spywear and can you recomend a good one. Thanks Lesley

Tc

Tc Report 14 Aug 2004 13:15

See Judys Free Adaware download further down this page, works great

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 14 Aug 2004 13:17

I'll second that! And don't forget to regularly delete cookies and temporary internet files. I'll try and find Judys 1 step routine pc maintainance thread for you Jeanette

Lesley

Lesley Report 14 Aug 2004 13:26

thanks busy printing out instructions, although I do some of this obviously not enough. will have a busy afternoon getting it all sorted thanks again. Lesley

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Aug 2004 13:39

I followed Judy's instructions re Ad aware and also downloaded SpywareBlaster, which stops most of the pesky things getting on. It is all FREE, you don't need to pay for this stuff. It is important to regularly delete cookies especially if you surf the net a lot. I also have AVG 6.0 (free) and Zone Alarm firewall protection. You can't be too careful these days!! If you follow Judy's '1 stop routine maintenance' thread, you wont go far wrong!

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 14 Aug 2004 19:00

Whatever turns you on Bob!!! Bob