Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Re Colin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Aug 2004 22:45

for anyone interested I have had the following e mail from Colin Thank you very much for sending the e mails and information also for all the support you have giving me. I am just sorry that things have had to be like this with GC and myself I have tried to play fair all the way. The support itself tells me that what I am doing is right and that the people are at last getting things that they have asked GC for for so long. My conversation with Michelle yesterday was one of those where if you say something it came back to the we have to make an example stage. Of course we do not wish to get rid of you Colin and do not want to end on a bitter note but what can we do. Then it became you can re register but basically we want you not to say anything. I cannot be a person on GC that sits back and cannot help others it is not me. I do not think I can return to GC in that way. I would have liked to have been able to explain some of the things that have happened rather then have to sit back and listen to what was being said I have never enjoyed any friction on GC and always tried my hardest to bring things back to the nice relaxed enjoyable place it can be. Not being able to speak freely even if i did re register has left me unable too. I had some of my happiest times on GC and could not have met a better bunch of people anywhere. I feel deeply saddened by what has happened and hope that people realize that I do not consider myself in competition with GC as that was never my intention.. Ann glos

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 12 Aug 2004 11:04

We do not mind members discussing or recommending other websites on the message boards. Which is why threads of this nature are not usually removed. After all GR is about learning more about family and how to find that family. However, we do draw the line at someone who runs another site using our contact facility to spam our members by promoting their service and offering free trials. In this instance a member of the site complained to us about the spamming of other members. So we took our normal course of action which is to remove that person. This rule is in place to protect all of our members. We do not take pleasure in removing any member, however, the overall good for ALL members is our priority. Our hope is that you continue to enjoy GR. Thanks for your comments, Michelle