Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Version of ADAWARE to download

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judy

Judy Report 11 Aug 2004 05:28

There's a new version of Adaware out, Ad-aware SE Personal Edition 1.02. See below:

Judy

Judy Report 11 Aug 2004 05:30

The new version can be found at: http://www.lavasoftusa(.)com/support/download/ Remember to remove the ( ) from the address. Click on the red wording in the text on this page that says FREE. When the next page pops up choose and click on a download site. When the next page comes up click on DOWNLOAD NOW. When the box pops up to start the download, click on SAVE. When the download is complete, click the downloaded file open to start the installation process. Just follow the prompts. You don't have to uninstall the old version, the installation of the new version does it for you. You can RIGHT click the old icon off your desktop, as you will see, there is a new one to use now. NOTE: The older version of Adaware is NOT picking up new types of spyware.....the new version should be installed and run. Any problems, give me a shout. Judy

Derek

Derek Report 11 Aug 2004 06:48

G'Morning Judy, can you refresh me/us the reason for Adaware, please. There is so much "stuff" in the air that it confuses me trying to remember exactly WHATS WHAT !! It must be frustrating, coming across dinosaurs every so often, best wishes, Derek in France

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Aug 2004 07:48

Hi Judy. Thanks for the tip on Adaware. did not know of the new version. there are so many bugs in the system you cant be to careful Mary in Sydney.

Judy

Judy Report 11 Aug 2004 08:08

Hi Derek....Adaware removes the spyware that sites and downloaded material from the internet put on your PC. If your on the internet, spyware is a fact of life. If you leave adware and spyware to accumulate on your PC without removing it, it will eventually start causing problems and in many cases render your PC inopertable. Although Adaware is an excellent program, it only removes junk that sites and programs generate. Often something you download off the internet or just visiting a site, will place a program on your PC without your knowledge. To prevent unauthoirzed downloading of these programs download SPYWAREBLASTER.....see "1 Stop Routine PC Maintenance" to obtain this program. Adaware cleans up junk.....Spywareblaster prevents programs that generate the junk from being downloaded on your PC. Hope that explained it some! Good Morning to you, Mary! Hope you have a great day.....me, I'm off to bed to catch a few winks! Judy

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Aug 2004 09:02

Hi Judy. Have a good sleep, This genes business is driving me to drink, I will have to do something drastic soon. Like buy a ticket to England. see ya Mary in Sydney

Sue In Oz

Sue In Oz Report 11 Aug 2004 16:02

Thanks once again Judy for your help. Just got the new version. Best Wishes Sue

badger

badger Report 11 Aug 2004 20:27

Many thanks ,Judy ,it went in no bother is running great and did a full system scan in a few minutes,a good upgrade .Fred.

Bob

Bob Report 12 Aug 2004 23:21

Thanks Judy... I hadn't spotted the update. Trouble is it takes longer to scan now that it does *all* the users. Oh! well. Bob

Judy

Judy Report 13 Aug 2004 03:32

Bob....running PC in safe mode would make the scan go a little faster :) Judy

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Aug 2004 11:36

Hi Judy, Dowloaded the edition you mentioned and this a.m. I checked for updates, and there is a new one, 1.03, so I have dowloaded that too. Caught 12 naughties in my computer, that was from first download, hadn't had it on before. Not bad really I suppose when I see other people with lots more one their computer. But I have been clearing cookies and temp int files regularly, as you suggested. Margaret