Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sorting Names on Genesreunited by date

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deany

Deany Report 10 Aug 2004 11:01

Ive got a number of relatives who have popular names and a list of over 200 means a lost of concentration. However if the list can be sorted I can just look at people with similar dates. Am I missing something - is there a way of sorting by date or location, the names when you view a list of first names ?

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 10 Aug 2004 11:14

Hi Helen I've found if you type the name you are looking for in the quick search box at the right of the screen, it brings up the names in date order happy hunting, Sylvia

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 10 Aug 2004 16:20

Sylvia This doesn't work though when viewing a individuals tree. I posted quite a few months ago, about the problems that occur when trying to view a tree. Think my message is still floating about somewhere in the forums. About time Genes Reunited sorted this problem out.

William

William Report 10 Aug 2004 18:01

I can't quite understand the point of this,but I have for example,six Elizabeth Jones',all dated differently.I can tell just by looking at the dates, which is which. Regards William Russell Jones Cefn Mawr Wrexham.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 10 Aug 2004 19:49

Hi Helen I know what you mean. It would be good to have some sort of search facility when viewing a large tree. I've been given access to a tree that must have thousands of names. As the connection could be somebody with the surname Walker it's going to take me forever to find it. I clicked on next 100 names about 20 times and was still in the surnames beginning with C :-( Jeanette