Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

evans

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 9 Aug 2004 20:16

hi,could anone help me in tracing the above name for ivy evans,she had a sister called alice who has just died aged 99yrs,who lived in the states,maiden name was raynor,lived in nottm

Pat

Pat Report 9 Aug 2004 20:39

Teresa, Was she born in Nottinghamshire? Was she younger or older than this great lady who has just passed at 99yrs!!!!!! I have found a few possibilities Ivy Raynor b. 1899 March qtr Basford Derbyshire Nottinghamshire Ivy Raynor b. 1905 june qtr Worksop, Derbyshire,Nottinghamshire, West Riding of Yorkshire Ivy Margaret Raynorb. 1896 March qtr Basford Derbyshire Nottinghamshire. Pat

Crista

Crista Report 9 Aug 2004 20:54

Teresa, You can find birth's here: http://freebmd.rootsweb*com/cgi/search.pl Births Jun 1908 Raynor Ivy Nottingham 7b 374 Births Jun 1905 Raynor Alice Maud Nottingham 7b 342 Crista

Teresa

Teresa Report 10 Aug 2004 21:01

hi thanks for your kind replies,i asked my dad and ivy raynor was born in feb,i beleive she was younger than alice,they had a sister called emma,and brothers,one called albert.

Geoff

Geoff Report 10 Aug 2004 22:48

Teresa - you have (or had) 6 weeks to register a birth, so someone born in the second half of Feb could be quite legally registered after March 31st i.e. in the 2nd (or June) quarter of the year.

Teresa

Teresa Report 12 Aug 2004 20:31

Hi Geoff,i didn't realise that thanks for that one,i'm going to my uncle's at the wekend to find out a bit more.