Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help! whats up with my email

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penny

Penny Report 7 Aug 2004 16:25

can anyone please help me! i cannot get passed my sign in, the page just closes. anyone know why? penny

Brenda

Brenda Report 7 Aug 2004 20:07

im on ntl and this happened to me the other day couldnt get past the password i went into panic mode. however after a day it went ok again must have been a hiccup somewhere. brenda x

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 7 Aug 2004 21:58

hiya i too had that trouble with ntl phoned them up and talked me through and it was fine afterwards

Tracey

Tracey Report 7 Aug 2004 23:02

Hi Sandra!! I'm having trouble receiving attachments on NTL at the moment, blinking pain they are! Tracey

Penny

Penny Report 9 Aug 2004 14:30

thanks for your replys, i have bt broadband and have not had access to my emails 4 over a week now. could it be virus ? penny

Shan

Shan Report 9 Aug 2004 14:34

Hi Penny im with Bt Broadband, not had any problems Maybe you should phone them Shan

chezzy

chezzy Report 9 Aug 2004 14:35

glad im not alone..we havent been able to access our email account with ntl for 3weeks..apparently they are working on it but it wasnt meant to effect existing customers..BUT IT HAS!still cannot access it yet getting miffed as ive loads of attachments waiting to print out.x

Lynne

Lynne Report 9 Aug 2004 16:32

For those on NTL If you receive an email from NTL check it very carefully and DO NOT open the attachment. We have had this virus email three times in the last few weeks. My husband emailed them back and it just keeps coming back to us. Then he spoke to someone at NTL who otold him it is not from them! Out computer crashed last week and since it was fixed, we cannot get onto the internet or send and receive emails. Lynne

Carole

Carole Report 9 Aug 2004 18:22

Which page do you login on? I can never get in if I use the webmail.ntlworld(.)com page, but if I go to NTL's homepage, www.ntlworld(.)com/ I have no problems. I hate their email format though, so I only use it when I need to access my home emails when I'm at work. I prefer to use Outlook, it is much more user friendly. I have also been inundated with virus emails lately, though not purporting to have come from NTL. Nortons picks them all up though, so they haven't got through, thank goodness!