Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My tip....check the archives!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Aug 2004 00:02

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Aug 2004 00:03

I had a major breakthrough last week and I'm still jumping up and down with excitement! I decided to trawl through a load of archives on Rootsweb, just doing a search for the name I was after and reading what was there. As usual practically everything was irrelevant to me but then I noticed a post dated quite a few months back from a lady in the USA asking about a daughter of a couple that had the same names that were in the tree I'm tracing.....could it be the same family?? I've emailed loads of people "just in case" and never had a positive reply. I sent her an email and waited with bated breath.... YES! came a very excited reply, they are the same people!!! are you sure? I asked (several times!! LOL). She then sent me a transcription of one of the letters she has which confirmed the people AND the address of a direct relative of my fiance (it's his tree I'm tracing!) My fiance's aging uncle is over from New Zealand at the moment and he can't believe that I've found him some LIVING relatives in America (I've already found a few dead ones! LOL) and not only that, this lady is contact with other relatives from the same branch who live in Australia! The moral of the story.....check the archives!!!! It may seem long and boring but you never know what you might find!

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Aug 2004 00:06

Caroline Fantastic! Helen

Diane

Diane Report 3 Aug 2004 01:05

Great news you sound so excited. Well done. Regards Diane.

Yvette

Yvette Report 3 Aug 2004 08:06

Congratulations Caroline! Thats fantastic news. Yvette