Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is It My Computer Or This Site.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 31 Jul 2004 00:03

Twice today I have clicked on a set of names to search through,and whenever I have clicked on a particular name,in the column on my Computer that normally houses favourites,has appeared a Lycos Search Engine,which then searches for whatever name I happen to click.Has anyone else had this problem before?,and can anyone offer me some advice on how to tackle this. Regards William Russell Jones Cefn Mawr Wrexham.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 31 Jul 2004 13:22

Hi William Now I'm not the brightest of poeple when it comes to computers (or much else come to that! lol) but it sounds like you have a spyware problem. Got to this page http://www.lavasoftusa(.)com/software/adaware/ - remove brackets - and download the free spyware removal program. Run this once a week and you should be ok. I'll also see if I can find Judys routine pc maintainance thread and bump it up to the first page for you. Jeanette

William

William Report 31 Jul 2004 16:33

Many thanks for the replies to my query,ah well Jeanette,I only asked! Regards William Russell Jones Cefn Mawr Wrexham.