Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Foot Family Album (Devon)- who donated it?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helena

Helena Report 30 Jul 2004 12:29

I have located this album at Plymouth and West Devon Records Office. It was submitted in the last year, but under the Data Protection Act they are not allowed to divulge the person who gave it. Chances are they are a relative of mine. Do you know of any such album, it's rather a grand affair or can you offer any advice as to my next step?

Ian

Ian Report 30 Jul 2004 15:48

Helena Thinking about it, would not the records office pass a letter or note from you onto the doner, or doner's family? That way you might get contact. Just a thought. Ian

Janet

Janet Report 30 Jul 2004 16:27

Do you know if this family album relates to the famous Foot Family? Michael Foot was at one time the Labour MP for Plymouth Devonport in the late 1940's. Other relatives, John Foot and Dingle Foot were Liberals. There are also other Foots of the same family that were equally well known, a Sir Hugh Foot Governor General of Cyprus. They are a famous West Country Family mainly with Plymouth connections. If the Album has been donated by this family the chances of finding out who donated it may be slim. Suggest you go back and re-look at the Album to see if you can get any clues to the family. Anyone in the Album involved with politics? The whole family were politically minded, particularly involved with the Liberal/Labour Parties. Paul Foot, I think used to write for the New Statesman and he died fairly recently. Janet

Raye

Raye Report 25 Aug 2004 10:39

Any chance of being connected with Julia Foot from Blandford b.1867 ish? Married a John Stubbs.. Jockey. Raye..

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Aug 2004 10:41

Helena No idea. But although they can't tell you who donated it, could they perhaps pass on a message from you? Then if there is a connection, they could contact you. nell