Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tesco Net

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 28 Jul 2004 18:51

I cant send or recieve emails since this morning. I keep on getting an error message which says There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.tesco.net', Server: 'pop.tesco.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR mail storage services unavailable, wait a few minutes and try again.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 I am prompted to type my password in but it still comes up with this message ! tried to access my mail through webmail but it says there is a problemwith storage ?? I havent that many emails !!!! LOL ! Has anyone else got a problem......bet its cos there setting up broadband ! Elaine x

Shan

Shan Report 28 Jul 2004 18:54

Hi i had that problem yesterday, i think it is with individual isp providers' i just cloed down and rebooted and all seemed fine, touch wood had no problem's since Shan

Kim

Kim Report 28 Jul 2004 18:56

I didn't get any messages sent yesterday till this morning and my keeps coming up with error messages too. You are not alone (and not with tesco either) Kim

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 28 Jul 2004 18:57

this is the error message on webmail ! There is currently a problem connecting to the Message Store. Please try again soon. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator for more details. OOOOOhhh ! Elaine sob !

Judith

Judith Report 28 Jul 2004 19:00

Oh Elaine, Sorry to be pleased that you have a problem but I got exactly the same message as you and thought it was something I'd done! Let's hope they get the problem sorted soon :-) Judith

Shan

Shan Report 28 Jul 2004 19:01

Hi Elaine, when it happened to me yesterday i could'nt even get a web page up, kept saying web page unavailabe Shan

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 28 Jul 2004 19:04

judith Thank gawd ! why should I ring their pricy helpline anyway ! Elaine x

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 28 Jul 2004 19:29

Hi Elaine Sorry but im glad im not the only one with the same problem, i am with Tesco net thought it was just me, been like it this afternoon when i came on, last time it happened i messed around not knowing what i was doing and messed it all up and ended up with a new e-mail addy. Tracy

Robert

Robert Report 28 Jul 2004 20:57

YOU ARE NOT ALONE I TOO HAVE THE PROBLEM JUST FOUND OUT.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 28 Jul 2004 21:17

still blooming off ! :o(( as if someone desperate to send me gossip lol Elaine x

Barbara

Barbara Report 28 Jul 2004 22:29

HIya, tesco.net does have a problem. You don't have to phone an expensive helpline, they have a freephone number Service Announcements 0800 5192345 . That says their engineers are working on it. In the meantime, thank goodness we have our message boards so we can survive going cold turkey without our email!! Babs

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 28 Jul 2004 23:16

i keep on being disconnected at various times. usually starts after lunch. been doing it all day since then. sometimes i can be online for ages so it doesnt happen all the time. they recon its my modem. i think if it was I would have trouble all the time... who is going to try tesco net broadband?? Elaine x