Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

advice please on sites to use for finding

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 23 Jul 2004 09:42

I have found that 2 brothers peter tunstall birkbeck and family and simon tunstall birkbeck, migrated to australia, in late 1881/82, i found them on bmd/nsw, but how do i find out how they got there,and on which ship. Never done this bit before.so help is needed thankyou sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Jul 2004 09:53

Sandra According to Ancestral Trails book, there are records of emigrants detailed in The National Archives domestic leaflet 107. (Type "national archives" into your search engine to find it). There is a TNA series BT 27 which lists passengers names, occupations, ages & destinations, but you need to know the name of the ship, and lists were generally only kept from 1890. Before that a few lists have survived and are kept at TNA. Helen

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 23 Jul 2004 11:18

Hi Sandra You might find this site useful, lots of info. don't forget to remove the brackets Sylvia http://www(.)blaxland(.)com/ozships/

Sandra

Sandra Report 23 Jul 2004 11:47

THANKYOU BOTH i will try them sandra

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 23 Jul 2004 16:06

Hiya Sandra Try this site http://www(.)cyndislist(.)com/ships.htm I found my relatives on here and it even gave the deaths of his twin boys. Lynda

Sandra

Sandra Report 23 Jul 2004 18:46

thanks lynda