Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with 1912 King's Lynn Address

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Al M

Al M Report 22 Jul 2004 15:42

Hi, I have the address: Glebe House, Quay Lane, King's Lynn This address was given on a record made in 1912. I have been trying to look up this address on the 1901 census to no avail. I can find no match for any 'Glebe House' or 'Quay Lane' in King's Lynn. The only matches I can get back for a 'Glebe House' in the Administrative County of Norfolk are as follows: Glebe House - Civil Parish: Gateley, Ecclesiastical Parish: Brisley St Bartholomew With Gateley St Helens Brandon Road Glebe House - Civil Parish: Methwold, Ecclesiastical Parish: Methwold St George Glebe House High Rd - Civil Parish: New Hunstanton, Ecclesiastical Parish: New Huntanton St Edmunds Glebe House - Civil Parish: North Creake, Ecclesiastical Parish: North Creake St Mary House On Glebe - Civil Parish: West Tofts, Ecclesiastical Parish: West Tofts St Mary I am wondering if anyone who knows King's Lynn / Norfolk could help me here by suggesting anything? Today is the first time I've linked my family to anywhere in Norfolk and I don't know the area at all. Thank you very much, Alis

Geoff

Geoff Report 22 Jul 2004 15:46

According to www.streetmap.*co.uk there is no Quay Lane anywhere in Norfolk today. You could have a look on www.old-maps.*co.uk for the road perhaps.

Al M

Al M Report 22 Jul 2004 17:44

Thanks, I tried that Old Maps site. I couldn't find any Quay Lane in Norfolk there. A couple in Suffolk though and I think maybe that is a bordering county and county borders can change in time. Not likely though I suspect. There are lots of Glebe House matches though, even a hanful for King's Lynn which I'm still looking at now. Thanks for the link.

Geoff

Geoff Report 22 Jul 2004 18:16

Kings Lynn is totally the wrong end of Norfolk to have ever been in Suffolk.