Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help with Liverpool please...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 21 Jul 2004 17:35

Hi I have been looking for a marriage in Liverpool but no luck so far. I do have a birth certificate stating date of parents marriage, but Im not too sure if there was a marriage! If anyone has any ideas where I should look, or if anyone can help with this I would appreciate it. James Shaw (Commercial Traveller) Annie Mackay m Oct 13 1892 Liverpool Thanks Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jul 2004 17:49

Susan I've looked on the IGI (International Genealogical Index) but most of the Liverpool churches aren't covered after about 1840ish. I've also tried FreeBMD without success. You could try posting on the Record Board and hope someone with credit could check on 1837online.com. This is the online BMD index. If you knew you wanted to use this site a lot you could buy some units yourself - smallest amount is £5. The indexes are only searchable by 1st 3 letters, so you could look for SHA for Shaw. It would probably be the last page of SHA. As your date is October, it would be in the December quarter of 1892. Hope this makes sense. Helen

Sue

Sue Report 21 Jul 2004 18:05

Thanks for the replies. I have already had a look at 1837 online...sorry should have made that clear. A lookup would be great if you can... Sue

Keith

Keith Report 21 Jul 2004 22:19

Hello Susan. I've checked the 1837. 2 James Shaw married W Derby regn 4th Qtr 1892 and 1 James Shaw married Liverpool regn 1st Qtr 1893 BUT none to Annie McKay. If you've more info I'll look again. Regards. Keith

Stan

Stan Report 21 Jul 2004 23:31

Hi Sue What kind of a special birth certificate is it that refers to the parents' marriage? I've got dozens of certificates, and none of them contains this information. Regards Stan

Sue

Sue Report 25 Jul 2004 11:52

Thanks for all the replies. The certificate I have is a copy of a birth certificate from the register of the District of Morningside, Edinburgh. It lists Name, Surnam and Rank or Profession of Father, Name and Maiden Surname of Mother and date and place of marriage. We are not entirely sure there was actually a marriage! Sue