Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ordering BMD Certs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 21 Jul 2004 15:00

Has anyone had any problems ordering BMD Certs from Research UK? Its the first time I have ordered online and they have taken the payment from my account twice. I have contacted them and they say the payment was only taken out once, but my bank are telling me different.

Valice in

Valice in Report 21 Jul 2004 15:08

If you can get a copy of the reply, take it to your bank and ask them to sort it out. Never had a problem ordering through col statistics gov uk/ put a . in the spaces, and they have become very quick again too. Hope you get it sorted. Val

Kim

Kim Report 21 Jul 2004 17:16

Are reseach uk the organisation that charge whapping amounts for certificates .I think they have been mentioned on the boards before., they take ages and lots of money stick with Ons/col statistics If I were you. Kim

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jul 2004 17:18

I only ever order BMD certs from ONS online direct. They use WorldPay security system which always confirms payment by e-mail and refunds are very prompt. I am very impressed with their efficiency. Helen

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 21 Jul 2004 18:11

If possible ALWAYS use a credit card for online orders. That way you can with hold payment and the onus is on the company to prove they provided the goods. With Switch, Maestro etc you are giving the company access to your bank account and the onus is then on you to prove that the payment is unauthorised. I do hope that this is sorted out promptly for you.

Angela

Angela Report 21 Jul 2004 20:20

Thanks very much for the replies. Research UK charge £9 for a certificate. I have now received a telephone call from them and they have discovered the error, they are crediting my account (I hope). Just hope I get my certificate now!!! Thanks all. Angela

Irene

Irene Report 21 Jul 2004 22:13

Angela you will find that 1837(.)com only charge £7. Never had any problems with them. They are quick anything from 4 days depending how busy they are. Irene